What are the key components of Cybersecurity Program Management?
Cybersecurity program management comprises six major components: Risk Management, Compliance, Policy and Procedure Management, Vulnerability Management, Security Project Management, and Knowledge Management.
What are the key elements of a cybersecurity program?
- Application Security
- Information Security
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Network Security
- End-user Security
- Operational Security
What does a Cybersecurity Program Manager do?
Cybersecurity Program Managers manage a variety of projects within their organization, facilitating the planning and prioritization of complex cybersecurity services. These projects may be complex and span many offices, departments, and entities.
How do you build a Cybersecurity Program from the ground up?
- Identify all types of data and sensitive data you store
- Define where that information is stored
- Take record of all hardware and software devices in your network
- Develop a plan to train employees and users on cybersecurity best practices