Simulated Phishing Attacks
Simulate phishing attacks to test your employees as well as your email security controls.
What is phishing?
Email Phishing is a type of social engineering attack that someone with malicious intent uses. This type of attack tries to trick you into releasing sensitive information or downloading a malicious application. The email typically creates a sense of urgency to get you to click on the malicious link or file. These types of attacks can cause a company-wide disruption if these attacks were to be successful.
It is important to know the signs of a possible phishing email and for businesses to have proper employee training. All it takes is one person to click on the wrong thing to have a network-wide/ company problem. If one employee were to disclose their username and password to the wrong people, these malicious actors could use this information to get into sensitive company data. These emails could also contain ransomware, which could cause major issues for the end user and the company at large.
Phishing emails can be easily created. Here at Careful Security, we were able to simulate phishing campaigns that ask for sensitive information or could potentially contain malware.
What are the different types of phishing?
- Spear Phishing = Targeted phishing
- Whaling = C-suite targeted phishing (CEO, CFO, CIO)
- Smishing = SMS/text message phishing
- Vishing = Voice/phone phishing
What are the signs of a phishing email?
- Unknown email sender
- Pretends to be someone you know
- Improper grammar
- Asks you for personal information
- Offers you something for free
- Claims there is a problem with your account/payment method
- Links you to a suspicious website
- The message is sent from a public email domain
- The domain name is misspelled
- It includes infected attachments or suspicious links
- The message creates a sense of urgency
How common is phishing?
An analysis of more than 55 million emails reveals that one in every 99 emails is a phishing attack. Even scarier, studies show that 25% of these emails sneak into Office 365, one of the most widely used office suite packages in the world, with over 60 million commercial users.
How can Careful Security help you?
Here at Careful Security, we can simulate a phishing campaign against your company. This campaign will test how well your employees and email filters, can detect a phishing email.