Monitor your organization’s security vulnerability status by running periodic vulnerability scans and remediating vulnerabilities.
What is Vulnerability Management?
Vulnerability management is the continuous process of identifying, assessing, treating, and reporting security vulnerabilities within an organization’s systems, endpoints, or IT infrastructure. Careful Security utilizes state-of-the-art tools to detect and identify any vulnerabilities that can put an organization’s IT security at risk.
What are the 5 steps of vulnerability management?
- Identify – Identifying a vulnerability is the first step in vulnerability management.
- Evaluate – Once vulnerabilities are identified we evaluate and assess these findings.
- Remediate – Providing a remedy and correcting these vulnerabilities is the natural next step.
- Verify – Once a vulnerability has been corrected, we need to verify the result to ensure the correct action has been taken.
- Report – The last step is to create a report to centralize findings and organize them in an easy-to-read format.
Why do you need vulnerability assessments?
In today’s climate, no matter the importance or size of an organization, ANY data is valuable to a cybercriminal. Per the Careful Security research honeypot, at any second cybercriminals, bots, and malicious threat actors are scanning and looking for anything vulnerable to exploit. Having vulnerability management performed on your IT systems can help expose and remediate any potential exploits that could leave an organization vulnerable to cybercriminals.